COVID-19 Health and Safety Precautions
At Ocoee Oaks, our number one priority continues to be the health and safety of the children and staff. Our decisions, policies and procedures are based on the recommendations from the CDC, local health authorities, and the Department of Early Learning.
- Staff and children will wash their hands before entering the building.
- All Staff must wear masks indoors.
- The daily schedule includes additional handwashing times.
- Toys are cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Children 3 years and up must wear a mask and must practice social distancing where appropriate and achievable.
- Children are taught to cough or sneeze into their elbow.
- Classrooms are rotating toys out to provide more space for play.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces is completed 3 times each day.
- Each classroom is ozone-treated multiple times every week in the evening.
It is a parent’s responsibility to contact the school if any member of your household has or has been in close contact with anyone who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. The family must complete the quarantine protocol established by the CDC.
If your child has any of the following symptoms, they may not come to the school:
- Fever of 100.4
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Aches
- Difficulty Breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
If your child becomes ill here at school, we will isolate the child in the office and request the family to pick up the child within one hour. We will keep your child comfortable and will continue to observe for symptoms.